Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Girl Scout Cookie Challenge


Long overdue, but here is a picture of my Girl Scout Cookie Challenge, for which I decided to make (drumroll)....Samoas Brownies! I used the recipe posted on the Back for Seconds website, and the brownies were super easy and delicious. My friend and her fiance had us over for dinner that day, and usually when we have dinner dates I try to make time to bake something...and then end up running out of time and having to run to the store and buy some yucky pre-made dessert, and then rearrange it on a nice platter to pretend I might have made it...but everyone always knows when they bite into something whether it was store bought or made from scratch at home ;) SO, it was really nice to actually show up with something that I had made with love and care, and that turned out delicious as well. This pictures shows the ganache, which was heavy but still very good. The only thing I might do differently next time is add a little bit more coconut as well....




1 comment: