Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Friday, April 1, 2011

What to do with leftover mango flavored cream cheese icing?

This question has tormented me since I made the mango cupcakes. I tossed around the idea of making mango cinnamon rolls, but figured I would get stuck eating them myself. Then, I found out we would be having company for dinnner Friday night so I decided to make an Amish Cake, top it with the frosting instead of brown sugar and nuts, and then pipe whipped cream and fruit along the base of the cake.The cake was simple to bake, and frost. But I totally should have left the whip cream off the edges. It totally didn't pipe out of the bag in lines, but in clumps, so it looked really sloppy. And I didn't fully read the iced the cake recipe, until after I'd iced the cake, so I didn't realize that it was best served warm. Whoops!
Amish Cake
1/2 cup butter2 cup brown sugar2 cup buttermilk2sp baking soda2 tsp vanilla3 cup flour
Cream together butter and brown sugar.Add buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla and flour. Bake for 40 minutes at 350F in a greased pan.
The recipe goes on to suggest mixing together6 tbsp melted buter4 tbsp milk1 c brown sugasr3/4 favorite nuts
and then putting it ontop of the cake and baking an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly

No comments:

Post a Comment